We Are Partners in Prevention!
From Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration:
October is Youth Substance Use Prevention Month and Substance Misuse Prevention Month.
- This year, we’re celebrating the 10th anniversary of “Talk. They Hear You.®” and looking ahead to SAMHSA’s 20th Prevention Day.
- Prevention strengthens protective factors and reduces risk factors ― in individuals, families, schools, communities, and across society.
- Prevention science, and decades of community-based experience and scientific research, shows that prevention works.
Here's how you can get involved:
- “Talk. They Hear You.”® ― This campaign helps parents and caregivers, educators, and community members get informed, be prepared, and take action to prevent underage substance use.
- SAMHSA’s 20th Prevention Day ― Join us for the largest annual national gathering dedicated to substance misuse prevention. Learn what’s new and innovative, at this free event.
- National Prevention Week ― Celebrates the prevention initiatives of communities and organizations across the country. Download an event planning toolkit and post your #MyPreventionStory on social media.
- Communities Talk to Prevent Alcohol and Other Drug Misuse ― Offers resources (including stipends) to plan local events that prevent substance misuse.
- Voices of Youth ― Welcomes youth and young adults as agents of change.